Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dreams of Perfection

This morning I had a strange dream. I was in a laboratory with Mr. Phillips. We both wore white lab coats and were somehow supposed to be working on the classification system. It was as though Mr. Phillips was Dr. Frankenstein and I was Igor. There were books and sheets of paper strewn across a long table, and I was rummaging through them really fast, sorting and organizing them into stacks, and it seemed to be a race against time. Finally Mr. Phillips raised his hands toward the thundering, lightning-flashing sky and proclaimed, "I have achieved... perfection!"

After this I dreamed I was at Vivian's house. I've never been there in real life, so I have no idea what it actually looks like, but in the dream it was an old Victorian townhouse. She told me to classify everything in her house--books, dishes, clothing, you name it. It was an arduous task because Vivian made sure that I got everything perfect.

Boy, was I glad to wake up.

No comments: